Sr. Technical Writer
|November 21, 2012 - May 16, 2013|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Benefits:||Please see Benefit Page|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Technical Writer designs, develops and illustrates technical manuals or other documents to explain, modify and/or provide technical information on new or existing gaming equipment to internal and external customers. This includes using Adobe tools, CAD tools or Microsoft applications to create drawings or other types of illustrations to document installation or assembly of mechanical/electronic components and/or describe the functional operation of a product. |
|Duties:||• Transfer practical knowledge of mechanical design and procedures for describing mechanical/electrical assemblies into written technical documentation. |
• Develop technical instructions for installation and removal of parts.
• Conduct research to determine what engineering changes may affect technical documentation.
• Illustrate design of various mechanical/electrical parts using Adobe tools or other illustration tools.
• Reports task progress to Manager on a regular basis to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Recommends changes to Manager that will have impact on product manuals or other technical documents.
• Report to Manager any discrepancies, changes or recommendations, and/or problems requiring resolution.
• Regularly read, analyze and interpret common scientific, electronic, or technical journals, reports, regulatory requirements and procedure manuals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence
• Interpret the meaning of information for others. For example: engineering drawings including orthographic projections and views.
• Analyze data or information – identify the underlying principles, reasons or facts of information
• Gather information, interpret product business and technical designs, and organize content for documentation Work with designated reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of documentation.
• Become a subject matter expert in assigned areas of responsibility through active participation in planning, design, and development team meetings and hands-on product usage.
• Create and maintain thorough, accurate, and concise end user documentation including online help files, PDF User Guides, release notes, and training materials.
• Maintain internal technical reference documentation, including configuration guides, technical release notes, process and procedure guides, and system requirements.
• Create and maintain documentation templates, style guide, and source.
• Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet all documentation deliverable deadlines.
Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications.
Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field such as Technical Illustration, Mechanical Design or Electronic Design. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Over 5 years of technical writing experience for Gaming products, electro-mechanical products and/or product operation or training manuals. Minimum of 2 years experience working within a Support Engineering or Product Development department. In addition, the incumbent must demonstrate the following practical knowledge:
•Describing the function or operation of a product.
•Developing procedures or other structured operations.
•Creating decals, labels or other artwork of a technical nature.
•Using document publication applications such as Adobe InDesign.
•Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products such as: Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop or PageMaker.
•General knowledge or experience with CAD tools such as Pro Engineer or similar products.
•Good communication skills, problem solving skills and ability to work comfortably in a team environment.
•Gaming license or ability to obtain license.
•Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
•The ability to apply basic math skills such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.