Manager Database Administration Service
|June 27, 2012 - November 27, 2012|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Benefits:||Please see Benefit Page|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for overseeing and directing all changes to the database structure and PL/SQL function and procedures of KCMS database as required by the development, testing and deployment efforts. |
This includes installing, maintaining and utilizing various supporting software (SQL server, middleware and network components). to implement changes to the database structure and PL/SQL function and procedures of KCMS database as
This position also requires the flexibility to act autonomously at all times while adhering to overall department and company policies and procedures.
|Duties:||• Performs system administration responsibilities, such as but not limited to backups and maintenance for an HP UNIX System. |
• Works in tandem with systems administration, training staff and user community to successfully implement new systems and keep log of work performed.
• Conducts performance analysis and tuning of installed customer systems.
• Provides assistance to Konami Sales in sizing database servers for new opportunities.
• Perform installation and maintenance of new and existing customer systems (Oracle Databases), including backup and recovery, data integrity investigation and correction, replication of data between multiple sites, performance analysis and tuning.
• Make additions, corrections, creation and documentation of existing database schema.
• Perform data conversion tasks associated with customer installations.
• Experience with logical and physical database design, Oracle Advanced Replication, including Oracle STREAMS, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle RDBMS 8i, 9i, 10g in order to perform duties successfully.
• Reports any discrepancies, changes or recommendations, and/or problems for resolution to senior management.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding the company, products and employee information.
• Complies with the company’s regulatory guidelines and corporate policies at all times.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a higher degree. Certification in Oracle DBA a plus. |
Professional experience with OLTP/OLAP systems, data warehousing and data mining. Experience in Oracle database patching and performance tuning required. Disaster Recovery preparedness experience essential.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.